Welcome to Melbourne Hostel.
Melbourne Hostel is in the heart of St Kilda – its neutral interior colours reflect the beauty of St Kilda Beach which is just a 5 minute walk away. Luna Park is also just down the road which attracts thousands of backpackers and locals every week. St Kilda junction tram stop is at your footstep making nightlife in the famed party beach town accessible by public transport.
Fitzroy and Acland St are also just a moments walk away, teeming with cafes, restaurants, bars and shops, there is everything you could need to fulfil your heart’s desire.
Melbourne’s notorious events and festivals are all at your fingertips, all the best concerts in town, the fantastic FREE St Kilda Festival; Midsumma Pride March. All the huge sporting events are also just down the road. Australian Open tennis just 4.1km away at Rod Laver Arena. The MCG just 4km away and a short tram ride takes you to Albert Park where the Australian Grand Prix is being hosted.
Close to public transport ~ 9 Minutes to St.Kilda Beach ~ 20 Minutes to Melbourne City
Melbourne Hostel Photos
Book your room at Melbourne Hostel
Got a question? Too easy.. just send us a message here and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
Hostel Melbourne: Cheap Backpacker Accomodation
Welcome to The Melbourne Hostel; we are the perfect Melbourne City hostel for backpackers, solo travellers and couples. We are located near the Central Business District, so there are plenty of attractions to suit everybody within a reasonable distance which means no 3-hour bus rides or hikes just to find somewhere good to eat or have a beer.
Our accommodation has a neutral interior to match the beautiful scenery of the St Kilda Beach (which is only a 10-minute journey away by public transport) and guests can admire the funky artwork that we’ve chosen for the walls. Read More
A Tier Above Other Hostels in Melbourne Australia
The rooms vary from double privates up to a 12-bed dorm, so whether you are willing to dive headfirst into the hostel experience or would prefer a bit of privacy, we have you covered. Alongside this, we have on-site kitchens, showers and bathrooms for you to use during your stay.
Guests will also enjoy in-room air-con, free unlimited WiFi, free breakfast, 24-hour reception and free movie nights and entertainment.
Choose The Hostel Melbourne Travelers Trust
We’ve all heard the horror stories… that one dodgy friend stayed in a hostel once and it was a nightmare! Bunch of strangers sharing rooms, mysterious stains everywhere and the bugs! Oh god the bugs!
In reality, a hostel is an affordable, comfortable and very social accommodation option that allows guests to visit places that they may not otherwise get to visit, as hotels in big cities can be just too expensive.
Given our affordable rates, choosing to stay in our hostel in Melbourne City will leave more money in your pocket to buy some bric a brac at Queen Victoria Market or, if markets aren’t your thing, why not spend your savings on a wine tour in the gorgeous Yarra Valley?
Are You Looking For A Hostel in Melbourne City?
Melbourne Hostel is located at 14-16 Punt Road, St Kilda VIC 3182.
Local attractions include;
- Luna Park – A theme park overlooking Port Phillip Bay, Luna Park has been a key attraction for visitors for over a century.
- Acland Street Village – a hub of clothing stores, gift shops, art stores, local cafes and restaurants.
- St Kilda Pier – a popular area for strolling, cycling and fishing. Besides the breath-taking views of Melbourne itself, there are also wildlife attractions for visitors to take in.
- The Melbourne Cricket Ground – Also known as “The G”, this sports stadium is the 10th largest stadium in the world and besides being home to the Melbourne Cricket Club, it also hosts events such as soccer and rugby.
Planning a trip To Melbourne City? Choose Melbourne Hostel!
Whether it’s your first time visiting Melbourne, or you’re coming back for another visit, know that we are the hostel Melbourne we love meeting new people and old faces and showing them the wonders of our amazing city so get in touch with us today.
At the Melbourne Hostel our aim is to help you have the experience of a lifetime, create great memories and enjoy the beautiful city of Melbourne simply by giving you a place to stay that’s affordable, beautifully designed, super comfortable, social and fun!
Many of our guests say that we’re one of the best hostels in Melbourne Australia so we are proud to be ticking all of those boxes and would love you to join our hostel family.
Check out our Book Now page for availability of rooms and prices. Want to ask us something? Send us a message on our Contact Us section or call us on 0395252124 as we’d be happy to help you.
Are you backpacking through Australia? Is Melbourne your next stop? If so, you’re most likely looking for Melbourne backpacker accomodation that will tick all of the boxes when it comes to comfort levels, price, location and facilities.
For all of that, we have you covered!
We Are Melbourne’s Favourite Backpacker Accomodation
We’re located just outside of the Central Business District of Melbourne, which means we’re just a stone’s throw away from all of the best places to be in the city. If you’d like to get away from the hustle and bustle and do some exploring in one of Melbourne’s many suburbs, St Kilda Junction is right outside our front door so you have access to all the wonderful places in and around the city.
What Can You Expect From Our Backpacker Accommodation in Melbourne?
The Melbourne Hostel offers a boutique and contemporary vibe matched with a neutral tone to reflect the beauty and serenity of the surrounding area. Our rooms carry this tone too and are varied in size to cater for all kinds of requirements; from private doubles and a 5-bed dorm to a 12-bed dorm, you’re sure to find an option that’s suitable for you. We are proud to be the premier backpacker accommodation Melbourne visitors return to, time and time again.
Guests will enjoy in-room air-con, free unlimited WiFi, free breakfast, 24-hour reception and free movie nights and entertainment. We’re proud to be one of the best hostels in Melbourne.
Backpacker Accommodation Melbourne – Safe & Clean
All of our communal areas recreate the calm feelings of Melbourne’s quieter attractions, as we believe a hostel shouldn’t just offer a safe place to sleep but it should be a place where you can chill out and have a good time.
If you’re in the mood for something other than chilling in our lounge area, there’s so much to do right on our doorstep;
- Acland Street Village – This is a bustling hub of retail outlets, excellent restaurants and nightlife in St Kilda. Local hot spots include Luna Park and the Palais Theatre, both of which have websites where you can check out their upcoming events and information.
- Fitzroy Street – Fitzroy Street is a more suburban area but it still has a selection of bars, cafes and restaurants. There are also venues for live music and plays and the best part is the amazing views so don’t forget your camera.
- St Kilda Beach – Who doesn’t love the beach? Grab your board and head on down to enjoy dipping your toes into Melbourne’s most famous and most beautiful beach.
Melbourne Backpacker Accomodation That Stands Out
- Price – Our rates are very affordable considering our great location and facilities.
- Ambience – Our guests are the heart and soul of our hostel and the ambience they create is warm, inviting, social, relaxed and friendly.
- Location – We’re conveniently located for those that want to explore all of Melbourne’s best highlights. We’re close to public transport and just 9 minutes to St Kilda Beach and 20 minutes to the city centre.
Want to find out more about us?
For more information on why Melbourne Hostel should be your number one choice for backpacker accommodation in Melbourne city, just reach out to us today and we’d be happy to answer your questions.
Call us now on 0395252124 or contact us via email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Are you planning a trip to Melbourne? Looking for somewhere to stay? Melbourne Hostel is the perfect destination for solo travellers, backpackers and couples alike.
Located just outside of the Central Business District, we’re really in the heart of St Kilda and everything that Melbourne has to offer. Everything you could need is close by and, if not, the St Kilda Junction will sort you out with affordable and direct transport to your destination!
Find An Affordable & Fast Booking Hostel in Melbourne
There are many factors that go into booking a hostel in Melbourne and it all comes down to what you want out of your trip. Here at the Melbourne Hostel, we offer an affordable alternative to a hotel that doesn’t make any compromises.
The décor of our rooms and the common areas is a mix of boutique and contemporary styles with interesting features and artwork. All of our rooms are kitted out with quality bedding and furniture so you can be sure that you’ll get a great night’s sleep with all of the comforts that you’d expect from a boutique hostel.
Thinking of Booking a Hostel in Melbourne?
At the Melbourne Hostel we have a selection of room sizes to cater towards what makes you comfortable, whether that’s immersing yourself fully in the hostel experience in one of our 12-bed dorms, sharing as a group with our 5-bed dorm or sharing a private double room with your partner.
One of the great things about our youth hostel in Melbourne is the people that work here; all of our staff are super friendly and know Melbourne inside out. They will gladly recommend places for you to visit and with the following highlights not very far from our front door; you’re sure to have a great time exploring;
- St Kilda Beach & Pier – Once you’ve soaked up some sun and dipped your toes into the Indian Ocean, you can check out the pier and try your hand at rollerblading or fishing. You can also catch the ferry across to Williamstown and visit the many maritime museums and colonial landmarks.
- Acland Street Village – Check out the selection of restaurants, bars and cafes in this bustling hotspot. It’s also home to some great venues such as Luna Park and the Palais Theatre.
- St Kilda Sea Baths – Take in the beautiful bayside environment whilst dining from a selection of great restaurants all designed to help you relax and just take in the natural beauty of the St Kilda bay.
All guests get to enjoy in-room air-con, free unlimited WiFi, free breakfast, 24-hour reception and free movie nights and entertainment.
Booking Melbourne Hostel is easy!
Just head on over to our ‘book now’ page and check to see if we have availability for your chosen dates. Booking Melbourne Hostel has never been easier. You can also check out our location and take a visual tour of our hostel by checking out all of the photos we have on our ‘photos’ page. If you have a question, feel free to reach out to us today by calling us on 0395252124 as we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome to Melbourne Hostel; the number choice for budget travellers coming to Melbourne who are looking to save some money without compromising on comfort and location.
We keep our rates as affordable as possible so our guests can have more money in their pockets for nights out, tickets for day trips and transport to places like the gorgeous Yarra Valley.
Cheap Backpacker Hostel Melbourne – Budget Travel Made Easy
Just because we’re affordable doesn’t mean we believe that quality should be sacrificed in order to offer Melbourne cheap hostel accommodation. All of our rooms have a boutique and contemporary design and with all of the artwork dotted around we’ve completely reinvented the image of a “dull and drab hostel”.
But how cheap is “cheap”? Just head on over to our ‘Book Now’ page for availability of rooms and prices.
Are you Looking for Cheap Hostels in Melbourne?
We offer a variety of different rooms from 12-bed dorms to private double rooms so, depending on your budget, you’re sure to find the perfect option for you. As well providing a wide selection of room types, we pride ourselves in being a cheap backpacker hostel in Melbourne that also has fully equipped common areas where guests can cook their own meals and chill out and chat with other guests or sit back and read a book.
In-room air-con, free unlimited WiFi, free breakfast, and 24hr reception comes as standard for all of our guests to enjoy.
We’re the #1 Cheap Hostel For Melbourne Backpackers
Backpackers know that every cent counts while on the road so rather than spend all of your money on a place to lay your head at night; doesn’t it make more sense to keep your money for the following?
- Travel costs – The St Kilda Junction tram stop is right by us, giving you cheap and direct access to all the great places to see and amazing things to do in Melbourne!
- Nights out – Check out the many great locations for cafes, bars and restaurants in and around St Kilda like Acland Street Village and Fitzroy Street.
- Entertainment – Why not spend the day in Luna Park or go to a show at the Palais Theatre?
- Shopping – There are so many shops for you to browse through so whether you’re looking for high street stores and quirky gift shops or vintage fashion and jewellers, there is something to satisfy everyone.
Cheap For Your Wallet – Rich in Cleanliness
Melbourne Hostel is located at 14-16 Punt Road, St Kilda, Victoria, Australia, 3182. Feel free to check us out on Google Maps for travel arrangements and planning your perfect stay in the city.
What’s different about Melbourne Hostel?
The vibe! We love to see our hostel family growing with each day that passes and we couldn’t be happier to see old and new faces come through our doors. We’re all about creating a great atmosphere where guests can mingle and truly get the most out of their stay. If You’re looking for cheap hostels in Melbourne you’ve come to the right place.
Movie nights, table tennis and rooftop Latino themed parties are just three of the entertainment options you’ll get to enjoy when you choose to stay with us.
Does Our Affordable Hostel in Melbourne Sound Too Good To Be True?
We promise it isn’t! Head on over to our ‘Book Now’ page to check out room prices and availability.
If you have a question, just give our team a call now on 0395252124 and we’d be happy to help you.
Travelling in Melbourne? Come and stay with us at our backpackers in South Melbourne. We have friendly and relaxed dorms and excellent facilities for your use. You are welcome to stay for a single night or stay for longer—all at very reasonable prices. Best of all, we’re located in a hotspot for some of Melbourne’s best sources of nightlife and entertainment, so you will have plenty of opportunities for adventures! So, if you’re seeking Melbourne hostel accommodation, check us out.
Melbourne Hostel Accomodation – Clean, Fun & Friendly
Experience many local events when you stay with us at Melbourne Hostel. Based in the heart of St Kilda, Melbourne Hostel is very well positioned for backpackers and tourists to explore what the surrounding city offers.
- Luna Park: Not far away, Luna Park is the face of fun in St Kilda. It is a perfect holiday destination, as well as child’s birthday party location (and other events too!), and features plenty of rides and attractions, catering, function rooms, and more.
- St Kilda Beach: Famed for being a party beach, it is easily accessible by public transport from the hostel.
- St Kilda Junction Tram Stop: Public transport makes it easy to get around.
- Fitzroy and Acland St: Here, you will find strips of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Various concerts: Some of the best concerts in town are hosted nearby.
- Various sporting events: This includes the Australian Open tennis at Rod Laver Arena, the MCG, and the Australian Grand Prix, which is being hosted at Albert Park.
- St Kilda Festival: A must see, this is free to attend!
- Midsumma Pride March: Parade, pride, and party.
- Melbourne city: If you find you still have time to spend while you’re here, exploring the city is a great way to do it.
The Best Hostel Accommodation in Melbourne
As you can see, there are plenty of exciting events and places to go. If you would like some help with planning your trip, let us know, and we are happy to discuss it and inform you of any events running for the duration of your stay in our hostel accommodation in >Melbourne.
Not only that, but we foster a positive social environment in St Kilda hostel and backpacker accomodation. This includes gatherings with other guests to get people together. We cook dinner together, spend time sitting and talking, and even host the occasional night out in the city. For those seeking work, we do our best to provide opportunities as well.
Book a Room With Melbourne’s Favourite Hostel Accomodation!
Sold on booking a room at Melbourne Hostel? We offer some of the best and most affordable hostel accommodation in Melbourne and are here to help. We are dedicated to providing the best hostel experience we can, with an environment that exceeds that of neighbouring hostels.
It is easy to book online through our website. Just select a date or date range, decide which type of room you would like to stay in, and then process payment. We offer standard 12 bed dorm rooms, 9 bed dorm rooms, 6 bed dorm rooms, 5 bed dorm rooms, and 3 bed dorm rooms, as well as double private rooms.